• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Move from brolly to Ltd mid-contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move from brolly to Ltd mid-contract?

I may have the option of a secondary contract so I doubt this model would sit well with the brolly approach.

So I reckon it would be simlper to go Ltd to allow me the luxury of working for different clients at the same time.

Is this going to be easy whilst already in a contract or would you advise waiting until the main contract has ended or is up for renewal?

this option should actually sit fine with your current brolly.

All they should need is the contract paperwork to cover the contract

you then invoice as normal and when the money comes in the brolly pay you

what issues are you expecting?

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      I may have the option of a secondary contract so I doubt this model would sit well with the brolly approach.

So I reckon it would be simlper to go Ltd to allow me the luxury of working for different clients at the same time.

Is this going to be easy whilst already in a contract or would you advise waiting until the main contract has ended or is up for renewal?
      The main issue will be with your current agency, it can be a major chore to get them to re-issue a current contract to YourCo Lyd instead of UmbrellaCo Ltd.
      Arguably they have no obligation to do so and it's a chunk of work that they can flat out refuse to do mid contract.
      Speak to the agency and find out their policy, some will have no issue doing it, others will refuse point blank, as usual there are any number of shades of grey inbetween.

Comment

I did this few years ago. The agency was very co-operative. I think you should have a word with your agency and drop a hint that you might decide to leave if they don't sign a fresh contract through your own ltd co.

Comment

I moved last year. Was only 3 months to go to decided to wait for simplicity.

Comment

Working...
          X