• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rates being Surpressed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've had a couple of instances of agents changing their minds on rates shortly after getting the brush off, however in 2 of the cases when i've gone on to interview, i've subsequently found out that the original rate was closer to the true figure and the agents have overstated the rate just to put me forward!!

Instance a) i found out an hour before the interview that the client was paying the original rate again due to 'the volume of applicants'

Instance b) i found out in the interview, as we were having a casual chat about rates.

Both of these had differences of £150 on the rates!!

Pee'd me off for a couple of reasons cos it wasted my time as i'm still in a contract and took time off to attend both interviewsand it took an opportunity away from someone else who may be currently benched.

Comment

Working...
    X