• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's a typical agent cut for a permie role?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
    Based on your previous comments on here I would say you would not be the "preferred candidate", still your original question was not "how do I become an instant sycophant?"
    Yawn.

Sorry but I don't remotely care what you think of me even if you tell me twice.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieNambulous View Post
      An image of rats and sinking ships comes to mind as I type this...I am looking at going permie at a former contracting gig, but am going direct rather than the other candidates who are coming through an agency.

Does anyone have an idea what a typical permie agent takes as a cut these days?

Would be a handy figure to dangle around in the "why should we employ you?" phase of questioning since I have my suspicions that some of the competition may be ex-contractors too...so the "I've already worked there/you know me" stuff might not be enough.
      When I worked briefly for an agent friend of mine (many years ago), we used to charge 3 months salary where we could get away with it, many of our established clients would not go above 15-20% though.
      I dont know what the permie market is like now, but in those days we used to rake it in. The team of 5 agents used to place between 1 and 3 permies a day.

HTH

PZZ

PZZ

Comment

Working...
      X