• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newbie Thread. Just given up job. Now what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Thread. Just given up job. Now what?

Hi

I've just given up my job. I walked out cause I hated it and im much better than everyone else in the office. They suck and I know it all.

I have 6 months .NET and Excel. Yeh Im the bollocks. What does the PM know anyway - I can do that, yeh and the Sales Directors job, whats that all about hey! Easy innit.

Anyway, even though I know it all. Will someone please tell me what I should do?

Umbrella or Limited, Partnership or Soletrader, Aim or Ftse. I know it all but you tell me.

What accountants do you guys use? A bloke in the pub said he'd do it for £1000 a month. I thought that was OK as he said he'd fix my car as well. But hey I could do that, its just Im so busy what with all the offers of work.

Well guys I'm waiting.

Be nice.

MF the Newbie.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Now That's Funny

Contracting is dead. Retail is the new black. I recommend importing cheap, but reasonable quality, furniture from the far east and re-selling it to unsuspecting locals in satellite town around the M25.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box

Contracting is dead. Retail is the new black. I recommend importing cheap, but reasonable quality, furniture from the far east and re-selling it to unsuspecting locals in satellite town around the M25.

I never knew you owned IKEA as sideline LB

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
        I never knew you owned IKEA as sideline LB
        I just like the meatballs and pickled herrings so much.

Comment

Hey

I came to this board to get a proper answer to my questions. Why are you being so mean? You're all hiding behind the internet Grrrrr.

The agent has offered me £10p/h but I reckon Im worth £200p/h. Yeh, thats right and the agent should pay me from his own pocket. Im doing him a favour right.

Yeh. Excel Rocks
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You are DCJ and I claim my crisp fiver.

Don't forget to buy a Porsche on your first day's contracting and then sue the agent and have a good moan because you can't join the company pension scheme.

Comment

Excel really is the best product that Microsoft sell.

Comment

MF, don't forget to sign up with an umbrella. That way you can claim £1,000/day in unreceipted expenses because they have a "special arrangement". Should pay for that Porsche in no time. Also, don't worry about VAT. No one else does and after all, who's to know?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                  MF, don't forget to sign up with an umbrella. That way you can claim £1,000/day in unreceipted expenses because they have a "special arrangement". Should pay for that Porsche in no time. Also, don't worry about VAT. No one else does and after all, who's to know?
                  The sweet sound of untaxed income is music to my ears !
                  Aye the Devil has all the best tunes !

Watch the Police and the Taxman miss me
                  Going Mobile ...

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    The sweet sound of untaxed income is music to my ears !
                    Aye the Devil has all the best tunes !

Watch the Police and the Taxman miss me
                    Going Mobile ...
                    Repeat after me... cash is tax free.

Comment

Working...
                    X