• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

War chests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadOfTesting View Post
    being totally serious - for example I recently blew £650 on a night out with a friend - that's the kind of stupidity that needs to be brought under control if I'm going to have enough breathing space to fully exploit my plan b ideas
    Feck me, I bring tea bags into work to save a few pennies.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
      WHS, PMs @ 200p/d??

I only usually go for 450+ The lowest PM role I've seen was for a local authority for 300p/d.

I said no cause a) rate is way to low for a PM and b) don't want a local authority on my CV c) I'm not desperate, desperately bored yes, but not financially desperate.

That said, I think the role was pretty decent..
      Well you and that other PM nunce are benched, as are zillions of other PMs and PM wannabees. To be a PM is easy. 1 week Prince2 course and some bull on the CV fixes it. And these wannabees will take 200/day just to get experience. Either things need to pick up quickly or you face many futile months trying to get 450/day, before caving in to a insult level rate just to keep your head above the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
        Well you and that other PM nunce are benched, as are zillions of other PMs and PM wannabees. To be a PM is easy. 1 week Prince2 course and some bull on the CV fixes it. And these wannabees will take 200/day just to get experience. Either things need to pick up quickly or you face many futile months trying to get 450/day, before caving in to a insult level rate just to keep your head above the water.
        I'm not a PM but you are talking out of your arse. It takes a whole lot more than a PRINCE2 qualification to make a good PM. The tulipe ones get found out.
        King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
          Assuming "that other PM nunce" is me, I strongly suggest you don't make assumptions about people - it makes you look an even bigger cretin than you probably are. I won't try to explain what my company does since you clearly don't have the intellectual capacity to understand...but it is far more than what you understand as project management. Oh, and nor am I "on the bench".

But do carry on making silly assumptions and talking nonsense about things you clearly know nothing about - 'tis good to have a laugh.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            Assuming "that other PM nunce" is me, I strongly suggest you don't make assumptions about people - it makes you look an even bigger cretin than you probably are. I won't try to explain what my company does since you clearly don't have the intellectual capacity to understand...but it is far more than what you understand as project management. Oh, and nor am I "on the bench".

But do carry on making silly assumptions and talking nonsense about things you clearly know nothing about - 'tis good to have a laugh.
            King of Chutney.

Bring back Chetty - Lord of all things Chet!

Comment

war chest should see me through 12 months.

But hopefully I do not have to dip into it when switching over to plan B 100%
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                war chest should see me through 12 months.

But hopefully I do not have to dip into it when switching over to plan B 100%
                And that would be ?

Comment

Originally posted by weemster View Post
                  And that would be ?
                  We are still in stealth mode so mum is the word.

Don't even have a website up. By choice.
                  "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by HeadOfTesting View Post
                    being totally serious - for example I recently blew £650 on a night out with a friend
                    3 cans of stella and a rent boy?

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      3 cans of stella and a rent boy?
                      nope - I don't drink

it did involve stringfellows though - I'll be sticking to Browns in future

Comment

Working...
                      X