• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Get off the bench .....now!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get off the bench .....now!

Not sure if this will help or not, but as I am being mailed these nearly every day I will list them here as they come up. There seem to be roles emailed to us that either don't exist, not relevant or never make it to jobserve etc.....

In this case, its not relevant, if this role is suitable for anyone feel free to apply....Good luck, we need all the help we can get, or at least I do!

Benched for 6 weeks now....

Project Manager - (Nuclear/ Electronics) Buckinghamshire £40k-£50k

Talented Project manager required for an established Defence engineering company. As Project Manager you will manage a brand new nuclear related study and related development tasks across several business units.

The role
    This new project will require additional resource and you’ll be required to establish engineers to other sites. You’ll also be required to:

Liaise with internal and external study personnel Produce costs and time estimates for the tasks Monitor the financials and task progress Produce progress reports Negotiate the contract

You
    You’ll be a customer facing, confident Project Manager with experience of managing electronics or systems engineering teams. Experience of naval equipment, safety critical systems or nuclear equipment will be highly desirable as would Project management accreditations (Prince II, APM or MBA). You’ll bring experience of technical and financial progress reporting and have the ability to understand technical drivers within a project. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in military electronics and your chance to utilise your skills.

To apply for this position please respond with an updated CV to [email protected] also outlining keys skills or experiences relevant to this role.
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
    Not sure if this will help or not, but as I am being mailed these nearly every day I will list them here

[snip spam]
    Why on earth do you want to spoil a perfectly good forum by spamming it with agency PERMIE jobs?

For god sake man, we spend enough time clearing our inboxes of that "carp" each day as it is; don't start posting it all here as well!

Nomadd
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      Why on earth do you want to spoil a perfectly good forum by spamming it with agency PERMIE jobs?

For god sake man, we spend enough time clearing our inboxes of that "carp" each day as it is; don't start posting it all here as well!

Nomadd
      Just trying to help, is all.....
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

... being mailed these nearly every day ... roles emailed to us that either don't exist, not relevant or never make it to jobserve etc... Project Manager - (Nuclear/ Electronics)
        I am familiar with those nuclear industry roles. They do make it to Jobserve, BTW. I had a little moan about it some days ago.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Just trying to help, is all.....
          Yep, I appreciate that, my friend.

Problem is, if we all started posting every permie job that dropped our way we'd end up with nothing but agency permie threads on here. I don't really think that's what this forum is for, or what most of it's members want; I know I don't.

Still, if you want to go ahead with continually updated permie job listings, then maybe fire an email to the mods about setting up a separate area for them? Looking at some recent threads, a few contractors are genuinely looking at going back to permie, so it might be just the thing for them.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Nomadd
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

Permies glow in the dark

Least they do in the Nuclear industry
            Last edited by foxbat3000; 8 July 2009, 22:03. Reason: grammar

Comment

OK, here's another one

We are currently searching for a Quantum implementation manager to work in AMSTERDAM, Holland for 3 months plus extensions. This is a fantastic contract opportunity for a large multi-national client.
              The ideal candidate must have the following skills: hands-on experience with the Quatum system and have functional insights of the Quantum system. You will have to communicatie very much with both the business as the vendor (Sungard), in fact you will be the linkin pin between both parties and have to respresent the end-client towards the vendor.
              Fluent in English is required and Dutch would be a plus. Working experience in a treasury envirronement would be a big plus.
              If you are interested in this role, please reply immediately and we will be happy to send you an in-depth job specification.
              Alternatively, if you have any colleagues who may be interested in this contract opportunity; please forward this email to them. If they are successfully placed at our client site, we will award you with £150.00 (220 Euros).
              MBA would like to apologise if this requirement does not match your profile.
              Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you soon,

Regards,
              Tim van Esch
              Account Manager
              (Tel:+31 (0) 20 797 5000
              4Fax:+31 (0) 20 797 5001
              8Email: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X