• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Project manager market looking up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client Co had a new PM due to start today, by 9.30, no show, so they phone agent, who tries to call him.

He's missed the plane, getting another....then it's delayed.....then finally, he's not coming as he got a better offer.

own up!

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Client Co had a new PM due to start today, by 9.30, no show, so they phone agent, who tries to call him.

He's missed the plane, getting another....then it's delayed.....then finally, he's not coming as he got a better offer.

own up!

Not guilty, I've had the client messing me about for a bit over a week, finally get a confirmed start date of tomorrow morning almost 300 miles away at the ideal time of 5pm. They get to pay while I drive down tomorrow as it was far too late to set off by the time they got their act together.

I hope your missing PM is run over by a steam roller, it's that sort of behaviour that gives all contractors a terrible name.

Comment

own up!

Didn't the agency get the contract signed, when the guy OKed the deal? If so, they can take legal route and demand damages..

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Not guilty, I've had the client messing me about for a bit over a week, finally get a confirmed start date of tomorrow morning almost 300 miles away at the ideal time of 5pm. They get to pay while I drive down tomorrow as it was far too late to set off by the time they got their act together.

I hope your missing PM is run over by a steam roller, it's that sort of behaviour that gives all contractors a terrible name.
        ...though I would imagine there are many out of work contractors that wish they had the problem of deciding which contract to take just right now....

PZZ

Comment

I've not noticed anything in the market looking up yet for any PM roles.
          This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Indeed it is.

It is flat on its back, in the gutter, staring at the sky.

It is looking up at the pigeons crapping on it as they pass on to their next free meal.

HTH
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

own up!

I wondered if he had entered the PM's got Talent competition that is due to be aired on the Project Management Channel next month on Sky channel 856.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
              X