• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does anyone get more than £250 a day for .NET dev?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep you heads up guys!

All the cheapness coming from India and the like is going to be feeding us next year. As we all know things are cheap for a reason, and quality has a price.

From what I have seen, the quality just isn't there. The quality coders from India are upping thier price, as they aren't stupid.
    threenine.co.uk
    Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by cykophysh39 View Post
      Keep you heads up guys!

All the cheapness coming from India and the like is going to be feeding us next year. As we all know things are cheap for a reason, and quality has a price.
      As in all walks of life you get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I tend do a round robin with previous clients.

As they know me and they know what I'm capable of, they pay a *reasonable* rate.
        They know you post on CUK all day?
        You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.

Comment

yes - 450 and it still isn't enough. I'm looking for much more. The signs are there that rates and opportunities are on the up in the City.

Comment

The problem you have is that there are 1,000's that will work for 250 or less. Until these people dissapear, then the market rate is 250pd, so it is an uphill struggle to get any more.

PZZ

Comment

I'm hitting £325 a day on the south coast. I was orginally on a day rate, but then got them to change to hourly and sometimes bill for ten or more hours a day, which up's the day rate up past £400

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
                I'm hitting £325 a day on the south coast. I was orginally on a day rate, but then got them to change to hourly and sometimes bill for ten or more hours a day, which up's the day rate up past £400
                We must be related

Comment

The issue is the in flux of the permtractors. To someone that was in a permie job for 35k , 250 per day is a whole lot more money. When offered day rates of this they see pound signs rolling and they think life couldn't be better. They think they are rolling in it, when all of a sudden the 3 month hiatus hits, and they are forced to sit on the bench a while then they learn the valuable lesson why us experienced guys ask in the upper 300's and more.

It's a case of natural selection, the ones who learn the lesson move on, while the ones that don't go back to a perm job.

A lot of doom and gloom regarding the job market has added to this issue, it's always been there however it is more pronounced and is being manipulated by the more unscrupulous agents.
                  threenine.co.uk
                  Cultivate, Develop & Sustain Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by cykophysh39 View Post
                    The issue is the in flux of the permtractors. To someone that was in a permie job for 35k , 250 per day is a whole lot more money. When offered day rates of this they see pound signs rolling and they think life couldn't be better. They think they are rolling in it, when all of a sudden the 3 month hiatus hits, and they are forced to sit on the bench a while then they learn the valuable lesson why us experienced guys ask in the upper 300's and more.

It's a case of natural selection, the ones who learn the lesson move on, while the ones that don't go back to a perm job.

A lot of doom and gloom regarding the job market has added to this issue, it's always been there however it is more pronounced and is being manipulated by the more unscrupulous agents.

True - altough you could add that Unscrupulous Agents are only likely to manipulate inexperienced contractors thereby leaving the experienced contractors to enjoy a higher rate for the posts that really require that in-depth knowledge suitable for only those who have gained many years of IT and cleintco experience.

Comment

Working...
                    X