• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Italy Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy Help

First post after a while lurking so "Hello All".

Does anyone have any meaty info on contracting in Italy, such as basic rates and any gotchya's? Anyone done a 6-12 month stint?

There's a few really old posts about this but no replies (and there's nothing on the net either).

TIA.

I done 12 months + in Italy, and rates etc obviously depend on what you do and how good you are at negotiating

I for instance had a "good" rate, monthly flights, per diem expenses and accomodation paid for. This was working in Milan where I really wouldn't recommend going over without the above conditions. It is HIDEOUSLY expensive to rent and hotels aren't much better.

It's also very very very expensive to go out in nice places (think £10 per drink and you won't be far wrong).

I operated through a UK agency and also my UK limited company with no real issues apart from keeping up to speed on accounts and VAT bills etc. My only difficulty coming out of that gig is I now have to obtain a certificate confirming that I was a "good boy" in Milan from the Italian Judiciary in order to get Security Clearance
    Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
    I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by RedTag View Post
      First post after a while lurking so "Hello All".

Does anyone have any meaty info on contracting in Italy, such as basic rates and any gotchya's? Anyone done a 6-12 month stint?

There's a few really old posts about this but no replies (and there's nothing on the net either).

TIA.
      Contracted in Italy as few years back for an American service company.
      Nice place, nice people, no real issues except that everything was much more expensive that I thought it would be. Lucky for me the client was picking up the expense tab or I would not have taken the role.

If the day rate you are being offered is not substantially higher than you would get in the UK or is of the 'all expenses paid' type forget it.

PZZ

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X