• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How's the testing market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
    They are Indian speaking, working for an Indian co
    Only kidding, probably in the non-func area?
    Not kidding. At my last contract, the only two UK contractors kept on were those who were Indian born, and so could speak to the offshore team in their own language. Even the Project Manager admitted that this was the only reason they didn't get the chop like the rest of us. I wouldn't mind, but those two contractors were the technically worst people on the entire team. Makes you mad, doesn't it.

Nomadd
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by SillyMilly View Post
      Read what I said again:

What is your niche skill?
      i was going to get into this one but i can see where it is heading so lets leave it at that

my work is based aorund market data, feed handlers and FIX protocols etc etc

Comment

i was going to get into this one but i can see where it is heading so lets leave it at that
        No, you can't see where it's going because it's not going anywhere further than what I've already said! I made my view perfectly clear - I've no problem with anyone coming to this country to work, as long as the numbers are in moderation and there is some control so that the local work force is not seriously impacted. At the moment that is not the situation.

If immigration is properly managed, then I think it's good for people to come to work here and for us to go elsewhere. Living in a foreign country is a brilliant experience for anyone.

It sounds like you're pretty good at what you do and maybe there is a shortage of people in the UK with your experience so you're filling a genuine need. Which is not a situation I have a problem with.
        Last edited by SillyMilly; 30 June 2009, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyMilly View Post
          No, you can't see where it's going because it's not going anywhere further than what I've already said! I made my view perfectly clear - I've no problem with anyone coming to this country to work, as long as the numbers are in moderation and there is some control so that the local work force is not seriously impacted. At the moment that is not the situation.

If immigration is properly managed, then I think it's good for people to come to work here and for us to go elsewhere. Living in a foreign country is a brilliant experience for anyone.

It sounds like you're pretty good at what you do and maybe there is a shortage of people in the UK with your experience so you're filling a genuine need. Which is not a situation I have a problem with.

that told me

Comment

Working...
          X