• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

big time dillema

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay where you are. It sounds like your PS job is ideal - close to home and remote working. Just tell the pimp that what you heard in the interview in terms of the new role really wasn't what you wanted. If you are offered a role you don't have to take it!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Could you sub into the public sector gig?

Comment

Originally posted by lexington_spurs View Post
        typo?
        just wanted to distinguish the roles rather than saying the client names!

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
          Could you sub into the public sector gig?
          What do you mean?

Comment

still undecided... the private gig is a shorter travelling distance and it is paying more, although its in the banking sector (might be volitile)

By the way i have a 4 week notice period - if i decide to take the private gig i would have been at the public gig for 3 months.

Only a few hours before i get the call from the agent!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
              Stay where you are. It sounds like your PS job is ideal - close to home and remote working. Just tell the pimp that what you heard in the interview in terms of the new role really wasn't what you wanted. If you are offered a role you don't have to take it!
              Not in a public sector at the moment, just outside the banking/finance sectors - my background is banking, so this is the first time for a long time I work outside banking, also this role is a lot lower level than am used to, I used to work at a very high management level and now am doing low level stuff, but who cares, its good for me to alternate high/low level work. Anyway, today I woke up at 8, took my time to get ready and made it to work around 9 am, some days I just walk in around 10 am, no one bothers, working hours are flexible and they don't care what time people are in or out, as long as you do the job they are happy, so am going to count my blessings and stick to this role.... now how do I get out of going to the interview?

Comment

I think in the present climate, that is a sensible approach.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

i have asked to speak with the client once again to firm up my exact role, projects etc... will be meeting them next week, that is the only way i can make a comparison to my current role... more time to think about it over the weekend!

Comment

If clients are important you'll not jump.

I operate in a niche market and because of that I've never broken a contract, I've chosen not to extend plenty of times for sure, but that's different.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I have decided to give the private job a miss (LTSB) and stay in my current contract. Only time will tell if i have made the correct decision, the item that swayed it was the structural changes that are occuring at LTSB - the last thing i would want is walk into a 6 month but then be told after a month your not needed due to a re-structure. It was hard enough getting my current contract...

Comment

Working...
                      X