• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accoutant Fee Off while on Bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nav1 View Post
    All,

Just wondering what accoutant does while a person sitting on bench!. how can i ask them to don't charge me anything until i get new gig.

i have spoke to my accoutant (sjd) and they are saying that even though i am not earning they have to manage the accounts... is it really true?

-Thanks
    Naveen
    you pay a yearly fee which is then split out on a monthly basis to make it easier to pay.

Once you've been on the bench for 12 months, then ask them for a reduction.
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Elevator,
      could you please let me know who is that accoutant.. also do they charge separately for any sort of letter if we need... or is there any extra fee for anything else?

i think i am paying a lot £1350.00 including VAT. this is when the VAT cut down to 15%... before that it was arund £1500.00... i think i have to change now....

please let me know the reasonable accoutant... and what would be the process of transfer... does the new accoutant take care of it on its own....
      I can recommend Darren at Upton Accountants. He's on these boards somewhere but the website can be found here.
      Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Elevator,
        could you please let me know who is that accoutant.. also do they charge separately for any sort of letter if we need... or is there any extra fee for anything else?

i think i am paying a lot £1350.00 including VAT. this is when the VAT cut down to 15%... before that it was arund £1500.00... i think i have to change now....

please let me know the reasonable accoutant... and what would be the process of transfer... does the new accoutant take care of it on its own....
        Firm I use is based here: Child and Co. Based in Leeds so suits me fine.

Comment

Thanks elevantor,

do they charge extra for Contract Asessessment for IR35, any sort of letter you need from them, or any other hidden charges?

-Thanks
          Nav1

Comment

Cheaper is by no means better. I pay £1200 to my accountant (known him or many years) and I am confident that if I was ever investigated (we have spoken about it) lots of factors come into play including the fact he is very well respected in his field (by tax officials aswell) and subsequently the whole IR35/Salary issue is about two things 1) Keeping you off the Radar and 2) The ease in which the tax man can/prove you owe money - A good accountant will do 1) and also make 2) completely cost ineffective to the tax man.

The sort of differences we are talking about here on accoutancy fees are insignificant and are easily saved by a good accountant.

Comment

Working...
            X