• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the day

Java Developer (Contract)

Java Developer to work for a leading publishing house supporting and maintaining a Java based Legacy application. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background developing with Java, XML, XSLT, JBOSS and SQL and solid Scripting experience with Python, ShellScripts, Perl. Candidates must have strong analytical skills, EXCELLENT communication skills and must have prior experience of supporting/maintaining Legacy applications and publishing domain knowledge.
    The role involves enhancements and defect bug fixing to the application.

Technical Skills: Java, XML, XSLT, JBoss, SQL, Velocity
    Scripting: Python, Shell Scripts, Perl
    Database: MS SQL Server

Please send through your CV for more details of the role and candidates must be willing to travel to my clients Basingstoke Office when required
    Location London
    Country UK
    Start Date ASAP
    Duration 6 months

Rate £240 - £250 per annum

http://jobserve.com/W3A68C5F2A7A6A533.jsjob

Tis a typo although it's still pants for a day rate.
    I quite often see £1 - £1 p/a.
    Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Here's another

I have an immediate start Senior ASP.NET/C# 3-month contract role based in SW London. This is an urgent role where telephone interviews have been setup for Friday morning with a view to Monday start for a 3-6month contract. Pay is circa £250-275per day.
      ********PLEASE NOTE – This role will be offered subject to the passing of a technical and psychometric test which will need to be completed and passed prior to interview********
      If you are interested in this role and immediately available please send me an up to date CV.
      I enclose a technical overview below:
      Senior .NET Developer URGENTLY required for my high profile and dynamic client. You must have at least five years experience with Web/interactive application development and have perfect communication skills as you will be expected to liaise between technical and commercial teams. Technical Summary: ASP.NET/C# 2.0 (ASP.NET 3.5 Beneficial) Content Management System Experience
      (Essential) ASP to ASP.NET Legacy project migration OO Programming SQL Server 2005 WCF, Windows/Web Services (jQuery, AJAX, CruiseControl.NET, Nant, NUnit Desirable) HTML, CSS, XML Content Management System (CMS) experience is essential as the main focus of this role will be on my clients Website applications and banners and the promotion and management of these. Ideally you will have 6-12 months experience with .NET 3.5 as well as 4/5 years with .NET. This is an immediate start 3-6 month contract opportunity in London. Key
      Skills: ASP.NET/C# 3.5, CMS, ASP, SQL Server 2005, OOP, WCF, Windows/Web Services, HTML, CSS, XML Start Date: ASAP
      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
        Here's another
        You've not been looking at the job boards much lately have you? I reckon tons of .net people, even in London, would jump at the chance of £275/day nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Toolpusher
          Right now, £1 p/a is £1 p/a more than I'm getting at the moment......
          Indeed, me too.
          Moving to Montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon

Comment

Working...
          X