• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outsourcing/off -shore advertise UK Job ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outsourcing/off -shore advertise UK Job ?

I see a lot of off-shore companies advertising jobs on the job sites.

Are they just appearing to advertise them for Visa reasons (has anyone actually got an interview with them ?)

What evidence do they need to provide to prove that a EU Resource cannot
    fill the job ?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Aloha1 View Post
    I see a lot of off-shore companies advertising jobs on the job sites.

Are they just appearing to advertise them for Visa reasons (has anyone actually got an interview with them ?)

What evidence do they need to provide to prove that a EU Resource cannot
    fill the job ?

Thanks.
    Alot of Indian companies are finding it hard to place there gimps at UK Companies due to a slow down and change in visas being given to the Indians.

I have had calls plenty - last one was for Wipro last Thursday - Architect - ready? £300 a day?!!!? LOL.

Suffice to say I laughed and told the agent to put the phone down - at which he said there a well known reputable company and its a long project?!?! Yeh ok mate!

Comment

Who monitors the whole process ?

Is there a govt dept actually checking the reasons for these visas ?

The whole thing will continue unfortunately until US Workers make a stand against it ( its their IT Companies that are the most enthusiastic about these "intra-group transfers" from Asia to UK ). The UK has to go along with it.The EU Wont help us.

Comment

Wipro

[QUOTE=Liability;862315]Alot of Indian companies are finding it hard to place there gimps at UK Companies due to a slow down and change in visas being given to the Indians.

I have had calls plenty - last one was for Wipro last Thursday - Architect - ready? £300 a day?!!!? LOL.

Yes they have got their foot in the Belgian market as well offering €350 a day
        which at 60% tax+Soc Security , the £300 a day would be better.
        I accepted an telephone interview just as an experiment.
        In the long run I am glad I didn't get the contract.

At the end of the interview I still wasn't exactly sure what the actual role
        was. After I put the phone down I felt like I had been interviewed by the Police.Lots of theoretical questions like how whould I do this or that.
        I have a lot of experience of American or European interviews as I have always worked for European or American companies.

If my interview was typical of Indian Interviews then I will need to buy a some
        book called "How to be successful at Indian Interviews"

Comment

Responsible for Substitution of current BT contractors with Tech Mahindra resources

Originally posted by Aloha1 View Post
          Is there a govt dept actually checking the reasons for these visas ?

The whole thing will continue unfortunately until US Workers make a stand against it ( its their IT Companies that are the most enthusiastic about these "intra-group transfers" from Asia to UK ). The UK has to go along with it.The EU Wont help us.
          This man has the mission to replace you.
          http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ramakrishna-gande/8/819/75a

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
            This man has the mission to replace you.
            http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ramakrishna-gande/8/819/75a
            Given the rumours from BT, he may need to be updating their websiet

Comment

Working...
            X