• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve Query

Quick question - is it preferable to apply for jobs on Jobserve via the online application facility or via email, or does it make no difference either way ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Quick question - is it preferable to apply for jobs on Jobserve via the online application facility or via email, or does it make no difference either way ?
    i have never tried using the email that is listed on jobserve but after applying i normally google the agency, find a contact number, call reception and ask for the email addy for xyz and feed her the story off how i am trying to send an email to [email protected], at which point she either corrects me if i am wrong or provides me with the correct email for me to follow on with my cv attachment..

a bit sly but hey i got bills to pay

Comment

It makes no difference, there are no real jobs.

Personally I always apply by direct email if available, otherwise online and then call to check, if they have a phone number.

Otherwise (i.e. online application only, and no phone number listed) I suspect its reality.

Comment

Yep, I usually call, get an email address and send my CV direct
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Yep, I usually call, get an email address and send my CV direct
          WtgpS (tgp = the guinea pig)

Comment

Yes, Jobserve online application attachments get through most of the time, when the attachment is garbled agents will ring you and ask for the attachment in Word format.
            Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by slickcontractor View Post
              i have never tried using the email that is listed on jobserve but after applying i normally google the agency, find a contact number, call reception and ask for the email addy for xyz and feed her the story off how i am trying to send an email to [email protected], at which point she either corrects me if i am wrong or provides me with the correct email for me to follow on with my cv attachment..

a bit sly but hey i got bills to pay

Wow!! i guess desperate times calls for desperate measure..

Comment

Originally posted by beemarman View Post
                Wow!! i guess desperate times calls for desperate measure..
                you dont hustle you dont get and my contract comes to an end 30 of june so i am about to kick start that hustle again not that its looking promising out there

Comment

Working...
                X