• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Contract - but no contract??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Contract - but no contract??

I have secured my first contract and am about to hand in my notice. My brolly have received a contract between them and the agency. The agency have received a purchase order from the client. Shouldn't I get a contract from somewhere and if so, where from??

Confused,

jobjockey

You should be getting a contract from your umbrella company - give them a chase and make sure you get the contract before you hand in your notice!!

Comment

Oh dear.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Thanks - will do.

Comment

I'm confused about this as well.

I have been offered a new contract, and my brolly has signed a contract with the agency, but they say I don't need to sign anything except for a revised remmuneration agreement.

Is that right?

Comment

The contract is between the agency and the limited company. In this case, the limited company is your brolly. You can ask for a copy to be sent to you (most agencies do this anyway, since it will contain details you need to know, such as your hours, rate, where you will be working and what you will be doing etc.)
            But you aren't required to sign the agency contract, if that's what you're asking. You will probably have some sort of contract with your brolly, depending who they are.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
            X