• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I have too many contracts on offer!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have too many contracts on offer!!!

Well, this is a first for me!

I have two contracts on offer via one agency at a single client and have also been offered an extension on the current contract.

This seems like an ideal opportunity to sub-contract and move my business just a tiny bit up the foodchain.

Getting suitable sub-contractors appears to be very difficult and there isn't enough money in the contracts to invest too much in the search and selection processes.

Has anyone been through this and do they have any advice?

use those you know, phone people you have worked with before and tell them you are hiring.

Comment

Tried/trying that ...

No luck so far!

Anyone on here interested?

Comment

Re: Tried/trying that ...

Doing what?

Comment

Doing this ...

I have the following:

4 months, Yorkshire, VB6, SQL Server, COM+, etc. (Not web development)

6-8 weeks, Yorkshire, VB6, PC communications (modems, ISDN)

2 months, Glasgow, VB6, PL/SQL, COM+, etc. (Not web development)

Intending to take the 4 months one myself but could be flexible. All to start 6th December and rate ~£29/hr. All require strong skills

If anyone is interested then let me know - the intention is to make the arrangement that of prime/sub-contractor.

Comment

Working...
          X