• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

working in Belgium

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

working in Belgium

anyone working in Belgium as a contractor or permie? I need some advice

Thanks

Easy advice would be to press the search button and key in Belgium.

Comment

tried that, but did not find what I am looking for

Comment

Originally posted by JohannM View Post
        tried that, but did not find what I am looking for
        Fairy 'snuff but you don't say what you are looking for other than "I need some advice".

Comment

I have found a permanent job in Belgium, and obv tax rates are very high. They told me that I can get expat status. I was wondering if anyone has got this status and how easy it is to get it

Comment

Special expatriate status

http://www.expatica.com/be/finance_b....html?ppager=2

Special expatriate status

Expatriates who satisfy specific conditions come under a special taxation regime and pay Belgium tax only on income connected with professional duties carried out in Belgium. A foreign executive assigned temporarily to Belgium may so qualify but the conditions are tough. Employment must be by an international group or in a scientific research centre, and must be temporary, and importantly the expatriate's centre of personal and economic interest must not be Belgium
            In determining the latter the authorities take the following into account: the ownership of real estate, personal property or securities abroad; a life assurance contract written abroad; the inclusion of a diplomatic clause in the Belgian rental agreement for accommodation; continued affiliation to a group pension scheme abroad; renewal of credit cards issued by banks abroad; continued affiliation to a social security scheme abroad; continuing to act as an officer of If you qualify to the above, there are specific benefits and deductions available which vary depending on income, personal circumstances and your home country. Professional advice is recommended

Comment

Working...
            X