• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aussie rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aussie rates

Anyone know any sites that has jobstats for rates/jobs in the land of oz?

Very very few adverts on jobserve seem to have rates.

I'm in .NET

Coming back to england sounds scary in the current market....i hear the streets are paved with gold in oz!?!

Where did you hear that?? An agent tell you

Comment

nah....a little fairy init.

To be honest...just fancy a change of scenery and figure it would be nicer being there on the bench than here.

Comment

Cant you ask around locally to find out the rates? Have you worked there yet? If I had the choice I would be on the bench in Oz, go down the beach/ mountain biking everyday while my expediture would be a lot less. I hear the market has decliend over there too, I would guess you would be looking in the range of 30 - 60AUD per hour depending on your skills and who you work for

Comment

I've been in Oz since November but was lucky enough to have my London contract from last summer extended 3 times while I travelled . That rather nice situation ended with the new financial year though so I'm benching it around the country right now trying to decide where to look for my next job in June. London sounds bad so I'm going to look here first.

Not that you'd think that from Jobserve: the same .Net search that returns 208 results for London gets just 17 for Sydney. I wonder how much of the London numbers are pimp bait though. Interestingly, Brisbane gets the same so Sydney hasn't got 90% of the work as it once seemed.

I'm just getting an idea of rates myself but yeah, Aus$30-$60 seems about right. Now if I could just get all my tax back...

Comment

Auz agent

Hi,

I think Progressive has recently opened offices in Sydney.

Try to contact them.

Best,

Mardi

Comment

Originally posted by contractreviews.co.uk View Post
              Hi,

I think Progressive has recently opened offices in Sydney.

Try to contact them.

Best,

Mardi
              Aussie market going right downhill then?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Aussie market going right downhill then?

Would not touch proAgressive with a 20' barge pole..
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Currently getting $100 / hr as a Test Manager in Melbourne. No IR35 and loads of tax breaks as a non-resident. I won't pay any tax at all this month.

Originally posted by Funkywood View Post
                  I'm just getting an idea of rates myself but yeah, Aus$30-$60 seems about right. Now if I could just get all my tax back...

Comment

Working...
                  X