• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV Formats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV Formats

Posted here as there seems to be less chaff than in General where it probably sits better.

So, I've been taking a look at my cv recently ad whilst I think it's pretty good as a personal one, I'm beginning to think that a corporate one is needed. That is, one written from the POV of my ltd. Now I realise that this may confuse agents somewhat in the first instance, but it does more accurately reflect my situation. Client Co are purchasing supplies from myLtd, of which I am an employee.

So how do others do it? Do you have a CV with all your contracts listed on it, or do you have a ltd co focussed one that highlights the stuff that yourco can bring to the client?
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

ClientCo are not buying services from YourCo, the Agent is. If you rewrite your CV to make it look like a brochure for YourCo and give him that, he'll just ask you to send him a CV.

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post

So how do others do it? Do you have a CV with all your contracts listed on it, or do you have a ltd co focussed one that highlights the stuff that yourco can bring to the client?
      I use the profile-achievements-work history format, bullet points, tailored to the role, 2 pages max.
      Might be worth posting up an ad on jobswerve with your skillset on to see what the competition CVs are looking like too.

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
        Posted here as there seems to be less chaff than in General where it probably sits better.

So, I've been taking a look at my cv recently ad whilst I think it's pretty good as a personal one, I'm beginning to think that a corporate one is needed. That is, one written from the POV of my ltd. Now I realise that this may confuse agents somewhat in the first instance, but it does more accurately reflect my situation. Client Co are purchasing supplies from myLtd, of which I am an employee.

Totally wrong approach imo. Setting your cv out as an Ltd wont get you any more brownie points or roles. In fact the opposite will probably happen.

Stick to personal, its what agents like.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
          Totally wrong approach imo. Setting your cv out as an Ltd wont get you any more brownie points or roles. In fact the opposite will probably happen.

Stick to personal, its what agents like.
          WHS. Keep it personal as they're hiring you (you that does the work right?), not some 2 bit Ltd co.

PS: The big Cons (IBM, Axon etc) submit personal CV's of their consultants to their clients

Comment

Cheers all,

I'll stick with the normal personal CV then. FWIW, I did update it yesterday as I saw a job ad for a previous client asking for some extremely specific skills. Skill that I quite literally wrote the handbook for whilst at that Client Site. Will be interesting to see if I get a call back for that one.

NN
            "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
            "See?"

Comment

Working...
            X