• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy Agency Practices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonhoops
    Perhaps agents and contractors could negotiate a truce? I'd sign....
    You may just get a chance to do that - I'm working with people from all sides effected by bad recruitment practices - rather than just moaning about it we've got ourselves actively involved in finding/working the solution. I can't give any more away than that but I do see light at the end of the tunnel with what is being proposed.

I don't think all recruiters are lying thieving scum but many contractors have to assume that they are initially until a working relationship is built up. Its the only way that contractors can protect themselves against the bad ones. Its a great shame because this makes us both victims.

This board has been superb research for what we are trying to achieve - hope we get many more discussions like this.

Comment

Originally posted by privateeye
      You may just get a chance to do that - I'm working with people from all sides effected by bad recruitment practices - rather than just moaning about it we've got ourselves actively involved in finding/working the solution. I can't give any more away than that but I do see light at the end of the tunnel with what is being proposed.

I don't think all recruiters are lying thieving scum but many contractors have to assume that they are initially until a working relationship is built up. Its the only way that contractors can protect themselves against the bad ones. Its a great shame because this makes us both victims.

This board has been superb research for what we are trying to achieve - hope we get many more discussions like this.
      So am I. Why don't you PM me and join forces?

Comment

timetable ?

Is there a rough timetable for when this may be announced ?

Comment

Originally posted by Arun V
          Is there a rough timetable for when this may be announced ?
          Early Spring but there may be an announcement prior to this for consultancy reasons. There will also be a trial prior to this.

Comment

If u want any guinea pigs for ur trial - just ask

Early Spring but there may be an announcement prior to this for consultancy reasons. There will also be a trial prior to this.

Comment

My goodness it sounds important! Shall we hold our breath? as long as it is not some really stupid idea like setting up your own recruitment agency and doing the job properly
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
                My goodness it sounds important! Shall we hold our breath? as long as it is not some really stupid idea like setting up your own recruitment agency and doing the job properly
                DodgyAgent - We are not an agency so don't have any stupid ideas - meant in jest of course. It is definately not a Recruitment Consultancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Arun V
                  If u want any guinea pigs for ur trial - just ask
                  Thanks Arun I may well take you up on that at a later date, we have some people to trial already but may up the numbers.

Comment

I take it that agents won't be included in these trials?
                    Thanks Arun I may well take you up on that at a later date, we have some people to trial already but may up the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jonhoops
                      I take it that agents won't be included in these trials?
                      Yes we will, we are in the dock
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X