• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Infrastructure with SQL and Security Cleared

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Infrastructure with SQL and Security Cleared

Folks,

I'm doing a bit of digging here for my company, we have a large project to implement in the public sector shortly for which we will need one or two guys with BS level clearance. We have a partner in the city who may be able to supply staff for the project but if it is more viable we may choose to hire direct.

We would need someone who probably hails from an IT Support Background, comfortable with Windows 2k3 server, software deployment to XP desktops on a large scale, experienced with MS SQL 2005 (install, configure, troubleshoot). Full training on our product provided of course...

I need to know likely daily rates and availability, feel free to mail me on:

jamieDOTmolesATdtexsystems.com

Thanks
    Last edited by JamieMoles; 23 April 2009, 15:03.

Are you aware that BS (old BC) clearance isn't transferrable between companies? It needs to be redone for each new contract.

Comment

I wasn't aware of that, no. I was under the impression that clearances expired after 12 months or so but that if you moved from one cleared role to another you could "renew" it for want of a better word.

Is this not correct?

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
        I wasn't aware of that, no. I was under the impression that clearances expired after 12 months or so but that if you moved from one cleared role to another you could "renew" it for want of a better word.

Is this not correct?
        No, BC is a glorified ID check which is done on a company per company basis, it basically only requires a copy of your passport

Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) (formally Basic Check) and Enhanced Baseline Standard (EBS) (formerly Enhanced Basic Check or Basic Check +): These are not formal security clearances; they are a package of pre-employment checks that represent good recruitment and employment practice. A BPSS or EBS aims to provide an appropriate level of assurance as to the trustworthiness, integrity, and probable reliability of prospective employees
        Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
        I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
          No, BC is a glorified ID check which is done on a company per company basis, it basically only requires a copy of your passport
          Is that simply a case of them checking your Identification, Address and Criminal record?

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
            Is that simply a case of them checking your Identification, Address and Criminal record?
            I don't even think theres a criminal record check involved - that would more than likely take you to CTC (Counter Terrorism Check)
            Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
            I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tino View Post
              I don't even think theres a criminal record check involved - that would more than likely take you to CTC (Counter Terrorism Check)
              OK Thanks, I'm going back to the customer now to verify what our actual needs are as this is a bit cloudy now.

Comment

Working...
              X