• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency won't pay for 2 days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency won't pay for 2 days

My contract was upto 27 March and just came to know Client co. extended it from 01 April to 01 May. I continued to work on 30 and 31 March. Client co's org is bit slow moving the paper work but i had not problem with previous extensions. Client co. always made sure there were no gap in extensions whenever contract got extended. But this time there is 2 days between consecutive extensions.

I would agree that Agency is correct if indeed Client co didn't include those 2 days in extension. I don't want to p1ss off client telling they messed up. But dont want to pick up fight with Agency as i don't have a 'legal' stand point. I ducked a 10% fake rate cut recently if you'd see my last thread. Any ideas how to play this?

Thanks
    Joe

You don't have any real legal standpoint (though fact client let you on premises to work is indicative that they accepted to pay you for that work…but that’s messy) but to be honest unless Clients are jerks a 5 min convo with them should sort things out to either of the following

A) Bill them for the days and they will pay. Then you just need to inform agent of this so they can process paperwork appropriately
    B) Take two days off and bill them for those days

If clients want to keep you around it's just common sense for them not to try obviously screw you over for a minor amount (relative to entire contract) because a minor cock up works to their advantage

Though whichever option they pick get it in writing

Agency not paying without agreement from client to pay for a non contracted period is common sence

Comment

A) Bill them for the days and they will pay. Then you just need to inform agent of this so they can process paperwork appropriately
      If senior bod agrees option A), i invoice agency separately for 2 days and Client co will pay them as as usual?
      I like option B) though. I can use it around bank holiday.
      Gaffer off sick today. Will broach when he's back.

If i'd confirm agency i worked those 2 days can he raise a stink?

Thanks NSW, great advcie!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Bloque View Post
        If senior bod agrees option A), i invoice agency separately for 2 days and Client co will pay them as as usual?
        I like option B) though. I can use it around bank holiday.
        Gaffer off sick today. Will broach when he's back.

If i'd confirm agency i worked those 2 days can he raise a stink?

Thanks NSW, great advcie!
        Option A, if you get agreement from client in writing just pass it on to agency, they should be able to tell you what to do from there (different agencies will have different ways of handling it)

If he agrees to option B don't bother informing agency, just get him to sign the timesheets, unless agency is on site they will not know the difference

I would also push for B as it is the simplest one, no paperwork required and no need to involve HR, senior management, agencies and all the rest, is just an agreement between you and guy who signs your timesheets, two extra bits of advise though, don't wait to long to use up those days, people have short memories and don't forget to buy him a drink or two once you get agreement from him

Comment

two extra bits of advise though, don't wait to long to use up those days, people have short memories and don't forget to buy him a drink or two once you get agreement from him
          Best piece of advise i've read here. Client "muppetry" is also an opportunity!. I'd drink one on you once this gets sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
            That worked out pretty well. I got myself bottle of wine on my way home. Missus thought, How romantic!. Thank you Not So Wise, that was so wise of you.

Comment

Working...
            X