• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who do you have interview with ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mailric View Post
    and the ones who think they are clever usually tag on "it's because I work with the vast majority of Clients in the UK and wouldnt want to put you forward to a Client you are already in front of in case it damaged your chances" They really think we are that stupid don't they.
    just had similar call this morning..
    I might start saying the i have interview but it's for the secret government project, beleive me you wouldn't wanna know and if I tell you secret agents will stalk your azz will have a portfolio of ppictures of you wanking in the night in front of your 15'' monitor in your bedroom

Comment

I had a call on Wednesday. To be fair, I had sent my CV in for an ad on JS.

Anyway, he went through the usual stuff - availability, location, rate etc., - then the kid asked if I had anything else going on. He said that they had to submit references with CVs and that the client insisted on knowing whether candidates had interviewed anywhere else and whether there might be an offer imminent. He justified refs by saying that the client had taken on contractors who did good interviews in the past but then couldn't do the job. Also, he said, if the client knew there might be an offer pending they would speed up interviews and making an offer if they liked you!!!!

I suggested (quite kindly) that the client were taking the michael (wouldn't dream of suggesting that an agent would do such a thing!) and he tied himself in knots after that, trying to justify it all!

Quite amusing really.

Comment

Originally posted by ba55meister View Post
        An agent called sating that he'll out my CV forward for the position he advertised and asked if I have any interviews lined up. I said yes and he started asking me about who is the company, what they pay and even who will i have interview with....
        ..another phishing call ??? I shouldn't be normally revealing this kind of info to the agent, should I ?
        a
        Tell them BT and due to the fact that so many contractors have left as they were told to reduce their daily rate by up to 30% they have 100
        vacancies and 1000s applicants you are not expecting a quick answer.
        They pay £325.50 day plus £10.50 if you to eat in their canteen
        b
        Give them a name of a company you hate plus the name of person you hate
        at that company like your local bank or estate agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
          a
          Tell them BT and due to the fact that so many contractors have left as they were told to reduce their daily rate by up to 30% they have 100
          vacancies and 1000s applicants you are not expecting a quick answer.
          They pay £325.50 day plus £10.50 if you to eat in their canteen
          b
          Give them a name of a company you hate plus the name of person you hate
          at that company like your local bank or estate agent.
          Incidentally, what agencies do BT use first-tier stylee?
          "take me to your leader"

Comment

Working...
          X