• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Inspired Recruitment - experiences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspired Recruitment - experiences

11% mark-up. I asked why so much? They tell me they need to borrow the money from the bank to cover payroll to pay their contractors before they themselves are paid. Surely this is nonsense. Why can they just not pay me when the client pays them?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

You'd be happy with that and so would I, but lots of people wouldn't. Lots of agencies stick to payment terms that are much faster than the ones out there in the "real world", e.g. within a week or a month as opposed to 3-6 months. Your average gullible Johnny-recently-redundant wouldn't be able to cope.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      11% mark-up. I asked why so much? They tell me they need to borrow the money from the bank to cover payroll to pay their contractors before they themselves are paid. Surely this is nonsense. Why can they just not pay me when the client pays them?
      Because it's not at all unusual for agents to have payment terms with their clients that wouldn't be acceptable to contractors (2-3 months in arrears).

Incidentally an 11% margin isn't especially high.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        They are running a business not a charity, and at a lousy 11% mark up they shouldnt have even bothered to justify their margin.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

"Other agents take 10%. Our margin goes all the way up to 11."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            They are running a business not a charity, and at a lousy 11% mark up they shouldnt have even bothered to justify their margin.
            Back in the days when I went though agencies, I would have been absolutely THRILLED with 11%!

I dunno, youngsters today....don't know they're born.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              "Other agents take 10%. Our margin goes all the way up to 11."
              My vote for post of the day !

(and yes I get the reference)

Comment

11% is not bad. From the calls I am getting most of the larger agencies are running margins of between 8 - 15%.

I have no experience of this agency though. In fact I have not heard of them before.
                Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Times are clearly tough for some - I don't even pick up the phone for less than a 22% MARGIN - not markup. I do however do a whole lot more than "just place a body" to justify that.

A success story for you all. Was recommended to meet a contractor about a month ago - when I met with her, I was blown away by her story, and her clear ability. Having spent two hours chatting about what was what, I had a fairly good understanding of what she does, how she does it, her strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes and even the name of her dog!

This then moved to a full blown campaign of identifying target companies, speaking to key stakeholders to establish interest and collating an approach by email for those I struggled to contact. As a result of this, found her two opportunities - one of which she has been offered - the other she will be offered.

Now whilst I know that my 22% margin is comparatively high - the investment in this person, as well as at the client end to MAKE SURE she's the right person, referencing, background checking, strength of my network etc is what CLIENTS pay the margin for (you guys really should stop thinking that agencies are taking your money - they're actually being paid by the client).

Your thoughts on whether others are doing this for you would be appreciated, as I believe that when this is successful, it's the ONLY way recruitment should be done!!

Cheers
                  TAV
                  "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
                  SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
                    A success story for you all. Was recommended to meet a contractor about a month ago - when I met with her, I was blown away by her story, and her clear ability. Having spent two hours chatting about what was what, I had a fairly good understanding of what she does, how she does it, her strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes and even the name of her dog!
                    Yeah, Clients gonna been amazed when you tell him she's got a dog called Rover

Sounds like more agent bull. Poor lass, If she was so good she would not need your helping hand.

Comment

Working...
                    X