• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Visa for Saudi....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visa for Saudi....

Anyone know how long this is likely to take?

Had a pimp on the phone foaming at the mouth about a start this week in Riyadh.

However, my limited knowledge tells me a visa for Saudi involves signed job offer, contract, blood tests etc.

Anyone with any knowledge?

Originally posted by Croatian View Post

However, my limited knowledge tells me a visa for Saudi involves signed job offer, contract, blood tests etc.

What do you need a visa for?

Blag it, tell 'em you've got one. Always works for me!

Threaded.

Comment

Have you actually called the Embassy? Have you checked their website to see what their Visa policies are? Is the end client able to provide you with a contract for you to sign? Are the Saudi rules flexible enough for you to start work pending a Visa approval?

You need to ask the Embassy a few questions. We don't know how their internal processes work, even if some of us have worked in Saudi before.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

A "Work visa" takes weeks. You have to go for a health check as well (or sumbit a doctors report....something like that). Full info is on thier website....Google it.

However, a away around this is to get a business visit visa, so you can travel, and sort out the proper work visa in parallel. I've got business visas before and they take about 24 hours to 48 hours to process.
        Really the company in Saudi should be sorting all this out....as a minimum you will need a letter from the company in saudi "inviting you". A copy of this should be sent to you and also the Saudi consulate in London.

Comment

Have you had client telephone interview and offer? If not, you're suffering from agent bullzhit syndrome.

Client and agent should be doing all the visa work. The actual application for work visa would be done when you get there, which in your case is not likely.

Comment

I'm afraid that you'll be up a gumtree if you think you can get there in a week. Mine took 3 weeks to get and I only got it the day I was flying out there.

Didn't need a blood test though, just had to confirm that I wasn't Jewish, didn't have certain diseases (HIV was the biggest one they were worried about, that and Wahhabism) and where and when I'd be leaving the country.

If the client doesn't know that then the clients' at fault but, to be honest, I'd expect that this is more of an agent needing a swift talking to.

On the other hand, if you do get to go there then it's a fascinating place, a place that I've always said that I look forward to seeing its' return to its well-deserved obscurity.

Btw, best not have a with the locals!

Comment

Thanks all.

Confirmed what I suspected.

That pimp needs a gravel enema.

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
                On the other hand, if you do get to go there then it's a fascinating place, a place that I've always said that I look forward to seeing its' return to its well-deserved obscurity.
                couldn't agree more.....
                bunch of pathetic wasters

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post

Btw, best not have a with the locals!
                  Why? did you get into a ruck

Comment

Working...
                  X