• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

requirements for ASP.NET??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

requirements for ASP.NET??

Hello all,

Anyone working on ASP.NET / Microsoft technologies? I am currently on bench and looking for work. Can anyone help me if there are any requirements at your client site?? I have got strong experience in these technologies. There is sharp decline in calls I am receiving..

Thanks...

<Admin note>Site terms state no promoting in any way. Letting this one through as a discussion on job volumes and if we can help you land something then all good. Don't want this to turn into a forum for requests for work though...</Admin note>

I know loads of really good .Net contractors that have been out for months. It's not looking good.
    Originally posted by cailin maith
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

A friend of mine (infact senior) quite experienced and certified just been told on monday that his contract which was suppose to be finish end of May, will now be terminated end of this month. They were kind enough to give him 1 month notice whereas it was only 2 weeks written in contract.

Apparently, this chap is also in Gates's .Net arena.....

Comment

Yeah it sucks being a .NET contractor at the minute. I've noticed its very quiet at the moment unless you have some additional niche skills.

Is there anything that you can put on your CV that marks you as different from the glut of common .NET developers out there. E.g. .NET with [insert favourite ERP solution here] or .NET with [insert your favourite enterprise document management solution].

If you can't differentiate yourself, you'll have to accept a lower rate or be prepared to travel. In tough times like these, companies (and that means us) only survive through cost leadership or product differentiation.

Comment

Originally posted by lightng View Post

Is there anything that you can put on your CV that marks you as different from the glut of common .NET developers out there.
          i think stuff like IoC containers, nHibernate, Rhino Mocks, TDD etc should help differentiate you from the dataset jockeys (a bit).
          Originally posted by BolshieBastard
          You're fulfilling a business role not partaking in a rock and roll concert.

Comment

Coding is generally project-based, and there's just not a great amount of it happening now. Best thing you can do is spend a few months sharpening your skills, because when the gravy train pulls out again in a couple of years' time you'll need plenty of Silverlight, Ajax, Azure and whatnot.

Comment

Working...
            X