• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sometimes contracting is just tulip!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes contracting is just tulip!

Been through a thorough telephone interview, full on face to face with 3 permies (to confirm suitability!), awaited outcome for the last 2 days only to be told that the post had been withdrawn by the client. That's just tulip that is.
    Blood in your poo

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Been through a thorough telephone interview, full on face to face with 3 permies (to confirm suitability!), awaited outcome for the last 2 days only to be told that the post had been withdrawn by the client. That's just tulip that is.
    Free consultancy again?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Had the same happen today.

Interview last friday went great, client said role was due to start at the end of march. Got call from agent today to say feedback was good and the client thought i interviewed well. Only problem is that the position is being put on hold for at least 4 or 5 weeks.
      I asked if anyone else had secured the role and the agent was sure this was not the case and was certain i was in pole position.

Don't plan to wait around as i'm sure someone is telling fibs!

If it comes up in a few weeks then its a bonus, if not then thats just the way it goes.

I think a lot of projects are being held at the moment by the sound of things

Comment

Originally posted by framework View Post
        I agree - there may still be some mileage left in this one - just have to wait and see.
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by framework View Post
          Had the same happen today.

Interview last friday went great, client said role was due to start at the end of march. Got call from agent today to say feedback was good and the client thought i interviewed well. Only problem is that the position is being put on hold for at least 4 or 5 weeks.
          I asked if anyone else had secured the role and the agent was sure this was not the case and was certain i was in pole position.

Don't plan to wait around as i'm sure someone is telling fibs!

If it comes up in a few weeks then its a bonus, if not then thats just the way it goes.

Keep plugging away ! I just came up trumps with a job that I first went for 6 weeks ago and it was then put on hold, I made a speculative call to the agent on the day it came back online and got it the next day.

Comment

Working...
          X