• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    The contract is not enforcable with the contractor. It IS enforcable with the client. Ours are worded in that way.
    That's interesting ! I've tried getting to the bottom of this before and was told by a senior bod in a legal/tax outfit ( off the record ) who had been dealing with IT contracting for years that the agencies would really struggle to get money out of the contractor no matter what it says in the contract regarding handcuff clauses. He went as far as saying he'd never known a contractor who has had to pay up . I would guess there are some who have lost their bottle and paid up without fighting it.

I used to live with a solicitor and she used to laugh at some of the contracts I was given. Her attitude was if it was full of unenforceable rubbish then you might aswell sign it rather than cause a scrap up front and possibly lose the job.

Comment

The reason I pay for B&C to do a review.

They not only do IR35 but also advise on stuff that they want to see taken out.

Result.

Comment

as a rule of thumb, it's worth looking at PCG contracts to use....It makes life far simpler.
        "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
        SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Working...
        X