• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract extension

I started contracting after being made redundant from a Permie role in August and my first 6 months contract will conclude by the end of March.I also have 4 weeks notice period.

I had to temporarily relocate for this gig. Now, I like to know whether they gona extend it or not coz based on that i'll have to give notice to my landlord and notice for my gym membership etc. And also, apply for new gigs.....

I had a chat with my manager and after speaking with his line manager, he verbally informed that, he (his Manager) told that my contract "should be" being extended.

Then I asked, when can i receive written new(or extended) contract. He said, it will only be issued a week or two before the current one expires.

I also tried pushing Pimp to get information out but he doesnt seem interested in chsing them and told that usually contractors ask clients about future extension or whatever.

Now, as i said, thats my first time, so i would like to know from other experienced chaps, is it the expected behavior?

Dont believe anything til you have your new contract.
    Start looking for your next role.
    I've had contracts extended as I've walked out of the door on my last day, but I've also been promised extensions which have not happend.

Good Luck
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      Dont believe anything til you have your new contract.
      Start looking for your next role.
      I've had contracts extended as I've walked out of the door on my last day, but I've also been promised extensions which have not happend.

Good Luck
      Exactly the same as pogle, I've had contract extensions a couple of hours before leaving on the last day and had contracts cancelled the day/week/month of extensions being signed or verbally agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Exactly the same as pogle, I've had contract extensions a couple of hours before leaving on the last day and had contracts cancelled the day/week/month of extensions being signed or verbally agreed.
        WHS

tim

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Agreed.
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Thanks all.....

so nice of you....

Comment

Working...
            X