• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market & April

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market & April

Hi guys

current gig is finishing in april... so, already started my homework in terms of getting ready for the adventure... just want to get an advice how the market would be (i know it's difficult to predict) in May - June.

Got few certifications in hand currently working in Spring, Hibernate, Scrum and bit of AJAX as well...

Also, spoken with few agencies & some of my friends they are saying certainly there is an uptrend in terms of recruitment? TRUE?

agents will always say that

but as it happens, I've had more calls this week than in last month before that combined

as for May-June, feck knows!

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

but as it happens, I've had more calls this week than in last month before that combined
      All this means is that the agent(s) have gone down through their list to your name or main skillset. Its got nothing to do with new jobs coming on the market.

I had this a couple of weeks ago, lots of phone calls and mails asking about availability or jobs that I 'may' be suitable for. Its gone quiet for now since I've told them Im in work until June.

I'll expect they'll come back to me again towards the end of March irrespective of whether the market has picked up or not.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

BB is of course correct.

What I actually meant, but did not say was, the quality of the calls I'm getting are less of the what are you up to, fishing type questions, and much more believable (2 interviews!

but yes, many of the calls could still be BS

Comment

Working...
        X