• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

parity agency sound like cheap asses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parity agency sound like cheap asses

yes I just had the impression the guy was trying to skank me, I sensed a gulp in his voicebox when discussing the rate, so lol anyway they are cheap bastards dealt with them before.

Also another agency onces me to sign up with them take my passport/qualifications down to their base and give 2 references.

whats your opinion on that.....

michealpage agency in victoria

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    yes I just had the impression the guy was trying to skank me, I sensed a gulp in his voicebox when discussing the rate, so lol anyway they are cheap bastards dealt with them before.

Also another agency onces me to sign up with them take my passport/qualifications down to their base and give 2 references.

im with parity they are cheapskate they gave me nothing at xmas and when they take me out to lunch it means i buy them a coffee the contract has a no termination clause which is normal for them so you cant end the contract and they can hth
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
      im with parity they are cheapskate they gave me nothing at xmas and when they take me out to lunch it means i buy them a coffee the contract has a no termination clause which is normal for them so you cant end the contract and they can hth

You havent asked for a termination clause then! Im with parity and I didnt have a termination clause when I started the current contract. But then I decidedI wanted one so told them so at the next renewal. They agreed.

True they are cheapskates but they arent on high margins though. They are on about 7% with me.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

I'm surprised and impressed you could read that.
        Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        You havent asked for a termination clause then! Im with parity and I didnt have a termination clause when I started the current contract. But then I decidedI wanted one so told them so at the next renewal. They agreed.

True they are cheapskates but they arent on high margins though. They are on about 7% with me.
        I asked for the "no termination clause" to be removed and they refused. They said it was client policy. I was the only one at ClientCo with 'no termination clause'.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I asked for the "no termination clause" to be removed and they refused. They said it was client policy. I was the only one at ClientCo with 'no termination clause'.
          Necer had any problems with them - always paid on time but I too had to get the 4 week clause in.
          Anyway, for your own good - Parity would only stick this on you if you're:
          a) on a really crap rate.
          b) a crap negotiator.

Shoot the messenger if you want, but do yourself a favour and "grow some" before the next renewal. That doesn't mean hissy fits - it means standing your ground on things you know you will win. 4 weeks is one of them, (increase maybe?)
          Last edited by Ivor Bigun; 13 February 2009, 05:52.

Comment

So call em out on it...
            "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
            "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post

Quite frankly I'd love to respond but I can't quite understand whay you are on about.
              Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

I'm new around here and should probably keep my mouth shut, but I can't.

The amount of spelling and grammar mistakes in this thread is quite staggering. You guys are supposed to be the cream of the crop, and yet you can't string a coherent sentence together.

Is this what our education system has come to?

Comment

Originally posted by pault107 View Post
                  The amount of spelling and grammar mistakes in this thread is quite staggering.
                  Yes - I agree

One grammar pitfall in English is the misuse of the words “amount” and “number” when referring to the quantity of a particular thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
                    Yes - I agree

One grammar pitfall in English is the misuse of the words “amount” and “number” when referring to the quantity of a particular thing.

That's a pretty tame mistake compared to the above posts, but still slightly embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                    X