• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market Improving?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Improving?

Funny...

Is it just me or does the market seem to be improving.

I've just run a quick search on Jobserve for contract roles in England (a good barometer for the state of the market, methinks) and was returned 380 jobs!

Accounting for duplication/poaching of roles, liberally at 40-50%, that still means a lot of jobs out there.

Or am I being naive and most of them are just fishing-trips by desperate agents.
    Last edited by Codejock; 12 February 2009, 07:56. Reason: Typos - need coffee
    If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

cv library mailed me 6 pm roles today - that is back to Sep levels!

But don't mention cv library to anyone its a secret OK?
    Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 12 February 2009, 08:28.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

There's currently 28 jobs on the boards for H & S positions in the North East.

Might not seem like many to the Geek Community but that's the healthiest I've seen it in 10 years!

'elf and safety guru

Comment

Yeah, but isn't that just because too many tw*ts are falling off ladders or fat tarts wearing high-heels which buckle under their excessive weight and cause them to fall on their fat arses???
        If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

Comment

you may have something at that.

However, I do know of one local company where they can count the number of operators who still have all their fingers and thumbs one one hand (pun intended).
          'elf and safety guru

Comment

Working...
          X