• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts terminated as policy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
    How often do you read about someone on here that are in the middle of a contract/just started one but are offered a higher paying role asking whether they should jump ship?

Par for the course really.
    Quite often indeed!
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
      How often do you read about someone on here that are in the middle of a contract/just started one but are offered a higher paying role asking whether they should jump ship?

Par for the course really.
      But usually, someone (or more than one person) will say that you should be professional and honour the contract.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by CDM View Post
        What people need to understand is that, so long as there is a notice period clause in the contract, the contract is effectively never really longer than that notice period.
        Most contracts I've bothered reading properly are also written in a way that if the client has no work to do and tells you they don't want you to come in tomorrow then there is stuff all you could do about it. ie. you won't get paid. I always assume I'm on 24hr notice that way you are never disappointed !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          Most contracts I've bothered reading properly are also written in a way that if the client has no work to do and tells you they don't want you to come in tomorrow then there is stuff all you could do about it. ie. you won't get paid. I always assume I'm on 24hr notice that way you are never disappointed !
          I understood that this was a good clause to have (inasmuch as it is a useful indicator of being outside IR35).
          Doesn't this determine whether a MOO exists?
          Client is not obliged to offer you work, and you are not obliged to turn up if there is no work to do. Unlike an employment relationship, in which you are paid for being on site at available for whatever may come along, even during slow times. The employer is also obliged to pay their employees regardless of the amount of work there is.

Comment

Working...
          X