• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract cut short.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xchaotic View Post
    Interesting approach, but you suggestion costs me 10 days of billable time and doesn't sound very right. Isn't it better to leave a good opinion about yourself.
    Depends on what you mean by good opinion... after all, they promised a non-existent extension and are now slinging you out on your arse.

Have you thought that this 'extra week' that you seem to think is a nice gesture so that you can finish your work is just so they can get everything they need out of you

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy198 View Post
      Depends on what you mean by good opinion... after all, they promised a non-existent extension and are now slinging you out on your arse.

Have you thought that this 'extra week' that you seem to think is a nice gesture so that you can finish your work is just so they can get everything they need out of you
      Agreed.
      After doing this "gesture" thing once, I'd never do it again.
      Maintain good terms throughout but negotiate 4 weeks or you leave.
      - If it comes off, you'll feel great.
      - If they say no, then then you're better off out of there (they've let you down anyway).
      - If you do the 10 days, it will annoy you in the future that you took the money instead of "opening the box".

Comment

Thanks for all replies.

First of all it made me feel better that I'm not alone with this and it is in fact quite typical (albeit bit immature) behaviour.

I've had nothing but good experiences with people in this ClientCo for over 12 months and I think it's only the recent recession panic that caused the irrational behaviour.

So I have decided to hand the work over nicely as I'm sure they're stressed enough already, if they need to cut contractors short.

Comment

Working...
        X