• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Handcuff clauses and Ltd companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handcuff clauses and Ltd companies

Hypothetical question..

If I have a long handcuff clause in my contract it's between the agency and my Ltd isn't it?

If I decided to scrap the agency and go through an umbrella as an individual for the same client does the handcuff clause affect me as an individual?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Or just make a new limited?
    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

hmmmm, interesting concept
      Every Saint has a past, Every Sinner a future"

Originally Posted by Pogle
      I wasnt really into men at the time - IYKWIM

HTH

Comment

What about the upper contract? Could the 'old' agency still come after the client if you were named as an individual on the upper contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
          What about the upper contract? Could the 'old' agency still come after the client if you were named as an individual on the upper contract?

Can't see how they can tie to one name, when there are plenty of people sharing that name. Got to be by company/individual at best.

I doubt the agency would find out if you managed to go direct anyhow, unless they have other contractors who may grass you up, by intention or mistake. So as long as the client is happy with you going direct, or via another agency, I don't see what the fuss is about.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I'm sure that they would be able to prove in court that you have 'underhandedly' circumvented the contract and are operating in the same sense as you were under the previous name. Or something like that.

But... as usual..... I'm not a lawyer.

Comment

Working...
            X