• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

name the best umbrella company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Love this sort of thing

like OMG its christmas on the 25th December this year why did no one tell me boo hoo now I have no money - why can everyone not pay me earlier

Also so you get paid earlier - this just means it is longer until the next pay day.

seriously budget and shut up

also what do they do the week after their contract finishes run around crying cos they have no money.

No self respecting contractor who considers themselves a profesional should ever be without money at this time of year - you know it is coming make allowances.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I Love this sort of thing

like OMG its christmas on the 25th December this year why did no one tell me boo hoo now I have no money - why can everyone not pay me earlier

Also so you get paid earlier - this just means it is longer until the next pay day.

seriously budget and shut up

also what do they do the week after their contract finishes run around crying cos they have no money.

No self respecting contractor who considers themselves a profesional should ever be without money at this time of year - you know it is coming make allowances.
      Yes Sir Big Pockets.

Maybe you should start your own Loan Shark Business. Obviously you are over-loaded.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

not minted

but also not stupid.

any contractor has to have some money set aside for the lean times.

its just plain bloody common sense!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          not minted

but also not stupid.

any contractor has to have some money set aside for the lean times.

its just plain bloody common sense!
          So, if a contractor has just started contracting for about 3 to 6 months and is on about £200 p/d and is using an Umbrealla, how would they apply your common sense rule? I assume you are encouraging them to skip mortgage payments, bills, fuel payments, meals, kids clothing, etc. in order to save for a rainy day? Not everyone is on a decent rate for a long periods of time. I've been lucky to save about £4k to £5k, which should last me a couple of months. Also will be drawing earnings / dividends in January / February. But there again, I do live at home with my parents and don't have any commitments / dependants and have made sure that I don't take out more than what I need.
          If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

The Bulgarian umbrella is very good, for killling people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_umbrella

It was the one used to assasinate George Markov on Waterloo bridge in the 70's

Comment

Working...
            X