• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

rate cuts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rate cuts

Hello all,

Does anyone know if an agency can reduce your rate by a fixed amount?

I got a letter saying its going to be reduced by X%, if I didn't accept it then the letter serves as my notice and I will have to leave, doesn't sound quite right to me.

Any thoughts anyone?

If the rate was being increased i wouldn't mind:-)

Originally posted by fester View Post
    Hello all,

I got a letter saying its going to be reduced by X%, if I didn't accept it then the letter serves as my notice and I will have to leave, doesn't sound quite right to me.

Any thoughts anyone?

Are you working for Barclays? they have reduced contractors rates by 10% this year

Comment

Hello all,

Any thoughts anyone?

Can they give you notice? If so then they can. You accept it or find another gig.

Comment

if I didn't accept it then the letter serves as my notice and I will have to leave
        As long as that tallies with the notice as stated in your contract

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the info, they can give me notice, it does tie in, no its not Barclays and its more than a 10% drop:-(

Its better than no contract in the current economy!

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
          X