• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Working for a consulting company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Working for a consulting company

I am about signing a contract, where actually there will be four parties involved.
    1. Myself to be represented by umbrella or own UK ltd.
    2. Employment agency in the UK which handles all contracts for this project.
    3. A big IT consulting company
    4. The consulting client where the project takes place.

So basicially I will never work on my "clients site", since this is the consulting company.
    But I will working on the consulting client site, where the project takes place.
    If I would be assessed as being "deemed employed" with which party would this be the case?
    Thanks for your thoughts

If I would be assessed as being "deemed employed" with which party would this be the case
    sadly it would be your own Ltd.

Comment

I think I don`t get the point. As my name suggests, this whole IR35 is new to me.
      If it would be my own limited, then I would be outside IR35, or do I get here something fundamentally wrong

Comment

the idea is if you look like you are employed (if you remove the chain between you and the client) you are taxed as if you are employed.

So if it weren't for the umbrella and your limited company you would have been an employee of the consultancy then you are IR35 caught. Supposedly.

Read a bit more (www.pcg.org.uk & this site) its quite a lot of money to lose if you are IR35 caught.

Comment

Working...
        X