• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

0870 numbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0870 numbers

I have noticed some agents specifying contact numbers with an 0870 code.

It is my understanding that they earn an extra 4p per minute on the call - is this correct?

It is my intention to avoid companies that do this.

Dont companies also have to list a local call free number for those people who might be calling from overseas?

Mailman

Comment

0870:UK callers pay the normal national rate for their call while your business benefits from revenue generated from incoming calls as well as appearing to have a nation-wide set-up.
      So aye, would be inclined to advoid these agencys myself

Comment

Call agents? Ssurely ssome missstake.

Send them an Email.
        Let them ring you dear boy!
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

or, go to a site like http://www.saynoto0870.com/ and look up the 'proper' phone number for their office.

Comment

Even better, get yourself an 0871 number (10p/min at all times - you keep about 4.5p typically) and put it on your CV as your contact number.

Quick and easy to do (and usually free). Fight fire with fire.

Comment

I have an 0870 number from BT - charges at national rate (7p/min?) but I do not get any slice of the action.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
                I have an 0870 number from BT - charges at national rate (7p/min?) but I do not get any slice of the action.
                Time to change supplier, HyperD. BT are having a laugh if they're not giving you a slice of the pie. These numbers are also handy to submit for internet call backs.

Comment

Anyone looking to set up kickback numbers to give to agents, people you don't like, etc., try these people... 4Tel

No fees and kickbacks ranging from 3.75p to 5p.

Comment

Working...
                  X