• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Longer contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
    Jackanory!

No agent in the land will offer you a longer contract than the client is willing to provide. This misinformation is a) quite daft and b) unecessary.

The agency will match whatever duration the client provides. Unless you can produce any form of evidence to match your statement above then I suggest you are perhaps misguided in your knowledge of how the process works.
    That's bulltulip.

Spring gave me a 13 week contract for a role with EDS. On the job, EDS told me they only had work for me for 6 weeks. They said they dont know why Spring gave me a 13 week contract!

Hayes offered me another 13 week contract for a role with Littlewoods. At interview, Littlewoods said the role was ONLY for 6 weeks, was that a problem. I told them the agent said 13 weeks. News to us, said Littlewoods!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      That's bulltulip.

Spring gave me a 13 week contract for a role with EDS. On the job, EDS told me they only had work for me for 6 weeks. They said they dont know why Spring gave me a 13 week contract!

Hayes offered me another 13 week contract for a role with Littlewoods. At interview, Littlewoods said the role was ONLY for 6 weeks, was that a problem. I told them the agent said 13 weeks. News to us, said Littlewoods!

Well you will insist on dealing with these dodgy agents. Not my fault my laud!

What is bulltulip my stroppy friend is that these gigs you have been on are hokum. I only issue a contract once I know it exactly mirrors the clients in terms of duration. Why? Too much over exposure, if my dates don't marry with the clients then I am put in a rather difficult position with the contractor.

11 years of recruitment and I have never issued a contract that has different dates from the client. Tulips my A@se!
      I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Well you will insist on dealing with these dodgy agents. Not my fault my laud!

What is bulltulip my stroppy friend is that these gigs you have been on are hokum. I only issue a contract once I know it exactly mirrors the clients in terms of duration. Why? Too much over exposure, if my dates don't marry with the clients then I am put in a rather difficult position with the contractor.

11 years of recruitment and I have never issued a contract that has different dates from the client. Tulips my A@se!

Whatever!

Comment

If only all agents were like you maybe they wouldn't have such a bad reputation, and be despised and untrusted so much!

I'll look out for your name in the next honours list. I'm sure we can take everything you say at face value. Which will be a first for an agent.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Whatever!
            Chill BB, its Friday and its curry night (well it is for me at least!)
            I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              If only all agents were like you maybe they wouldn't have such a bad reputation, and be despised and untrusted so much!

I'll look out for your name in the next honours list. I'm sure we can take everything you say at face value. Which will be a first for an agent.
              Good morning PAH!

Referring to your thread reply above, you can take what you like, me I am off on hols tomorrow!

Comment

Could be that the PM knows the project is going to run for 12 months. I've had contracts that long for long-lasting projects. Also once went on a 3-monther, project was huge, they offered a year's extension at a suitably inflated rate, which I was happy to accept.

Sometimes there is a chink of common sense in these situations - not often, but sometimes.

Comment

Whatever!
                  Oh dear, the mark of a lost argument...
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                    Oh dear, the mark of a lost argument...
                    You cant lose an argument of fact. No point 'arguing' with someone who denies the practise goes on by (supposedly) the biggest UK agency.

Comment

Jackanory!

No agent in the land will offer you a longer contract than the client is willing to provide. This misinformation is a) quite daft and b) unecessary.

The agency will match whatever duration the client provides. Unless you can produce any form of evidence to match your statement above then I suggest you are perhaps misguided in your knowledge of how the process works.
                      I know one who does, and did to me..... when client didn't need me they just served notice on me to bring end dates in line.

Comment

Working...
                      X