• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Late payment of invoices constitute breach of contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Conspiracy!
    Maybe Sharkleys are going under.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
      Nothing wrong with positive outlook! But you are responsible for credit control for your Ltd Co. As I tell our Credit Control person, 9am tomorrow morning get on the phone and chase those invoice payments. You need to be the same. Check your business account in the morning. If nothing in, then straight on the phone to the agent.

Just managed to login. Invoice payment has turned up.

Now all I need to do is prize the rest of my money off the shysters.
      Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Just managed to login. Invoice payment has turned up.

Now all I need to do is prize the rest of my money off the shysters.
        Good! I am really pleased for you (despite your despicable vote this morning, it will not be forgotten but is forgiven).

Best advice now then would be for you to get invoices and timesheets in as quickly as possible each week (fastest turn around I guess) and then chase for trail within 3 days, piling the pressue on so you make sure your Ltd Co is paid on time.
        I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Unfortunately the payment terms on the contract don't allow me to shorten the turnover rate, something I'm going to seek to rectify if there's a renewal.

Previous contracts I've had where I could invoice every two weeks and receive payment 3 days later, without any hassle, seem like nirvana now.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Unfortunately the payment terms on the contract don't allow me to shorten the turnover rate, something I'm going to seek to rectify if there's a renewal.
            Oh for goodness sake chap, get motivated. If one of my contractor's (ADA Apostrophe TM) phoned in with an issue, I would (and do on occasion) go loopy at accounts to get payment out quick.
            I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Working...
            X