• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone Work for the NHS?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    There's a hell of a lot of NHS contracts advertised near me, unfortunately they all require prior NHS experience to be considered so at least from my perspective it's a bit of a closed shop.
    For this role, they specifically wanted a PM with little or no prior NHS exposure
    as they wanted someone with "a fresh perspective"

Sounds a bit dodgy
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Soled73 View Post
      Why? What happened?
      One I can't say, 2nd was run by jumped up little Hitler's who had no idea how to take a piss without a meeting and had written plans on how to demoralise the permies. Third was just general NHS idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
        For this role, they specifically wanted a PM with little or no prior NHS exposure
        as they wanted someone with "a fresh perspective"

Sounds a bit dodgy
        Odd, since I live in close (ish) proximity to Leeds and the NHS Kremlin building there are loads of NHS CfH project roles, all of the adverts and calls I get about them specify previous NHS experience required. It's a tad irritating since I'm starting to think about ending my break soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Odd, since I live in close (ish) proximity to Leeds and the NHS Kremlin building there are loads of NHS CfH project roles, all of the adverts and calls I get about them specify previous NHS experience required. It's a tad irritating since I'm starting to think about ending my break soon.
          The Kremlin is the DWP. Do you mean the two sites near the train station? Both good sites to work - if it wasn't he NHS that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
            The Kremlin is the DWP. Do you mean the two sites near the train station? Both good sites to work - if it wasn't he NHS that is.
            Quarry House is as you correctly state, DWP.
            Whitehall & Princes Exchange are next to the train station and are indeed nice offices to work in (Except for the extortionate car parking fees if you drive in)
            Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
              Whitehall & Princes Exchange are next to the train station and are indeed nice offices to work in (Except for the extortionate car parking fees if you drive in)
              Park on Globe Road. About 4 quid a day

Comment

Having worked for CFH (Connecting for Health) and a Southern Cluster PCT as a Test Manager I have to dispute that.

I agree with the politics comments on here though - never seen so much red tape.
                Having worked in a very similar place, I agree with you. But the NHS works on the basis that the further you are from patients, the more money there is. Last time I had a permie job for a hospital, there was a time when if you needed a new pen, you had to see if any departments had any spares as there was no budget left for such fripperies.

Comment

Quarry House is split between DWP and DoH.

Agree about Globe Road / Water Lane parking but need to be there before 8.00 or spaces are at a premium. There is one car park at £3.50 per day but it shuts it gates at 18.30 (not that you work at that time on a NHS gig but you may get delayed in a restaurant / bar - soft drinks only if driving).

Comment

Having worked for CFH (Connecting for Health) and a Southern Cluster PCT as a Test Manager I have to dispute that.

I agree with the politics comments on here though - never seen so much red tape.
                    A close friend of mine is close to the £1kpd rate with them as a PM at the moment.
                    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                    "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
                      A close friend of mine is close to the £1kpd rate with them as a PM at the moment.
                      I had a mate in Service Management on £600 p.d....

Service Management FFS
                      Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
                      X