• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working area recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working area recommendations

Hi there,

I am currently working in Spain as a contractor and I am willing to relocate for a while (1 or 2 years) to the UK in 1 month. My wife loves the UK and I don't mind a little of rain for a while

I have already looked up the legal/tax/accounting issues and I am sending my CV to several jobsites but I am not sure where to live (as long as it's not too busy)

What areas do you recommend for a fellow .NET / VB6 programmer? (My expertise is in logistics, warehouses and business in general (no accounting or banking)

Thanks

I hear the Outer Hebrides has a thriving VB market just now - it's bustling, but not too busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      I hear the Outer Hebrides has a thriving VB market just now - it's bustling, but not too busy.
      No, that's a thriving B&B market.

Comment

Originally posted by mfornas View Post
        What areas do you recommend for a fellow .NET / VB6 programmer? (My expertise is in logistics, warehouses and business in general (no accounting or banking)
        Anywhere you can bag a gig.

HTH
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations,

I would preffer something in Britain but I am open to suggestions.
          Looking at the job offers there are some areas that look ok. Between Bristol, Manchester, Leeds and London. What would you choose? In case is London, what area would you consider?

Comment

Sorry we already have a shrinking market here for UK contractors - so stay away!
            I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
            X