• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance?

Hi folks, new to this board (and site)

Was wondering if anybody had any pointers as to how I would go about getting security clearance?

I know very little about it all, apart from the fact that there are various levels

Thx in advance

Clearance (Again...)

Welcome to the madhouse! Try a search through the boards since there's a lot in here on clearance up to quite recently. It's also worth visiting www dva.mod.uk for the details.

Basically it's not a DIY thing, you get it by getting a job that requires it. Spot the problem? There's not supposed to be a Catch-22 but in reality there is, for a whole mess of reasons.

Comment

(This message was left blank)

Comment

The lower two levels (CTC and SC) take approximately 6-8 weeks, provided that everything is pretty straight forward and they don't need to query anything (and they love to do that). I'm not entirely sure how long DV takes and friends of mine have different stories to tell as to the level of investigation they undertake, but as a contractor the only time you are ever likely to require DV is for MOD/Defence roles.

You might be able to get an agency to sponsor you for clearance. Look for agencies on the S-Cat list, as they have access to government contracts.

Comment

I have just applied for an SC job. I have been put forward and the agency have sent the forms through so I can apply before interview.

Comment

Well you are lucky! Whenever I ask about these kinds of jobs they insist on current security clearance. No matter that the DVA/MOD say there should be no competitive advantage in this nor the fact that they should offer to put you through the process. I was so p*ss&d off with the agency about ths that I spoke to the MOD about it and he phoned up the agent.

I hope he came out in a cold sweat when the switchboard said' MOD on the line for you Fred!'

Comment

Complain by emailing

[email protected]

Comment

Got my forms this morning.

Comment

Working...
                X