• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proactive Marketing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proactive Marketing

Hi all,

I was sent this by a pimp a few days back, only just got round to reading it. What they're asking seems quite dodgy to be honest, what do you think:

-----------------------------------------------
    Name:
    Professional Job Title:

Proactive Marketing

One of our most recent successes at ***** Recruitment is the opportunity to offer a proactive marketing service. As a UK Contract Consultant I’ve found that contacting hiring managers by phone can be the best form of contact, but if this is not possible then I can proactively market your CV directly into the manager’s inbox.

As part of our service level agreement at *****, we ask every candidate to fill out the following form to proceed with any contractual opportunity. The reason being it helps us process your application faster.

If you could provide what present/ previous interviews you’ve had so that I don’t duplicate your CV on a professional basis, when marketing your CV out over the UK regions towards our clientele.

The Benefits of Proactive Marketing

We have over 3,000 clients UK wide and within your local region, we also have a substantial cliental that are recruiting immediately. One of the major benefits is the fact that your CV will be the first the hiring manager reads.

The Benefits to the Candidate

• First opportunity for the contract
    • UK marketing of CV
    • Presence in the market place

Present/ Previous Interviews

Manger Location Company Date

References

Name Company Contact Number

Kind Regards

---------------------------------------------------

Anybody come across this before?

Cheers
    Last edited by dr_beat; 20 August 2008, 10:27.
    dr_beat (dumb support monkey)

oh come on, surely no one would fall for that

Comment

If you could provide what present/ previous interviews you’ve had so that I don’t duplicate your CV on a professional basis, when marketing your CV out over the UK regions towards our clientele.

Almost wept with laughter at that!

And don't they get snotty when you say, "I am currently lined-up for interviews at a bank, a major high street chain, etc.", rather than "I'm seeing Snibbo Bank at 15:15 at Canary Wharf. Mr. Smithers is the hiring manager and my rate is £xyz. I do hope you won't put forward another candidate at a lower rate." - the knobs.
      Last edited by Bob Dalek; 20 August 2008, 10:37.

Comment

Obviously a desperate pimp!
        dr_beat (dumb support monkey)

Comment

looked at their website ( I caught the name of the agency before you edited it). A marvellous cross section of shiney ties with big knots, barrow boys and potential criminals if ever I saw one

Comment

Working...
          X