• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

trainingcamp.co.uk boot camp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trainingcamp.co.uk boot camp

Anyone used these for MCAD certs?

Desparate for .NET eh?

tut tut. Bootcamps indeed...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      Desparate for .NET eh?

tut tut. Bootcamps indeed...
      Yes and I can't think of a more productive way of getting an MCAD (especially with kids at home).

Can update to MCSD on my own (I did the whole VB6 track MCSD on my own).

So, back to my original question....

Comment

I noticed the banner headline in Jobserve today leads you to an Indian version of the bootcamp offering MCAD etc, www.koenig-solutions.com. The testimonials look a bit dodgy, along the lines of - Fred from Barnsley - "I think the course was wonderful !". I might even get the Mrs interested in that one as there is a 5 star Goa option, it might make an interesting winter break !? It looks OK if it does get you the certification, there is a much shorter Java certification that may be less risky trial than the month long investment on MS stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall
          I noticed the banner headline in Jobserve today leads you to an Indian version of the bootcamp offering MCAD etc, www.koenig-solutions.com. The testimonials look a bit dodgy, along the lines of - Fred from Barnsley - "I think the course was wonderful !". I might even get the Mrs interested in that one as there is a 5 star Goa option, it might make an interesting winter break !? It looks OK if it does get you the certification, there is a much shorter Java certification that may be less risky trial than the month long investment on MS stuff.
          A couple of mates of mine did the Koenig thing - they both got the certification but, as you would expect, are both still useless as the focus of the bootcamp (as per usual) was to pass the exams not become proficient with the technologies...
          The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

The Indian bootcamp solution is a good plan on many levels.

1. Less money in UK governments pockets through tax. Always a good thing to spend your money abroad to deprive that **** Brown of his slice.

2. Prices are pretty cheap out there. You can spend 40 days training out there for the price of 10 in the UK.

3. A bit of adventure.

4. I'm sure if you fail the exam you can bung one of them a few quid and pass anyway.

5. Get a few good curries thrown in.

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Believe me I'd do it but I have too many home commitments to spend 40 days in India.

I know a guy who did the MCSE there and he rated it highly.

Comment

Did your mates/contacts actually use Koenig !?

Comment

It works. VB6 to .Net in 7 Days.

I've been on this course and it works. However you don't want to be a beginner you need some commercial experience of a OO ideally VB or C# but it can still work even if you don't.

The one think you do need is motivation though as its seriously intense.

Check out their testimonials which I know to be true as I've seen mine up there!

www.trainingcamp.co.uk/uk/mcad_testimonials.asp

Comment

Working...
                  X