• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract finish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sajidb View Post
    notice period is 1 week either side, however i have been done over, made the mistake of quering the dates with the agency, today they emailed me a weeks notice to cover their back
    Oh well.

I take the view my contract is only as good as money in the bank. I don't ever expect to go back to client co the next day - that way I am prepared in case they **** me over.

Also I have a good plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Also I have a good plan B.
      Strictly speaking, a plan B is what people have up their sleeve and hope it is what will allow them one day to give up contracting.

What you have is an alternative income stream which means that bench time can be spent bringing in alternative revenues.

</PEDANT>

EDIT: Unless of course you have gone back to trucking as your plan A

For the OP, those are the breaks. That is one of the reasons we charge a premium - it gives our clients flexibility that they don't have with their employees.

Comment

On a similar note, signed for 6 month contract, OK..All good. Recieve contract, two weeks notice either side; fine, yet client turns around at interview and explains that they hope the redevelopment does not take six months. I guess that's why the put the two week notice period in, but hey, we're mercenary, lets just get the money rolling in while we can

Comment

Working...
        X