• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency wants me to go direct (No signed Contract)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruitment Consultant Viewpoint

As a pimp, we would be on to a lost thing chasing someone who has not signed terms and conditions. I would do it and not worry about it, whatever pimp has organised it is going to be f**king hammered to the mast for not getting you to sign a contract and probably will not want the fact making public.

You cannot be tied in to a contract simply be turning up, as we all know, there is no such thing a verbal or unwritten contract.

Also, by paying your invoice, your agency will be breaching every ISO and internal rule they have set up. As reputable members of the the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, we are told to never pay invoices unless a signed contract has been received.

A lot of agencies have been burnt by a "company" calling them for specific support and then , before suitable CVs can be sourced, the company tells the agency it has found some good people they need payrolling though the agency. The agency pays the signed timesheets, invoices the company after 30 days, and hey presto, both the company and the candidates were all found to be created and the agency cannot recover money.

With these sort of scams in place, your agency is acting in a disreputable manner by not giving you a contract to sign (and i imagine they performed no refernce or identification checking) and I think that any attempt to chase you for going direct would be extremely foolhardy and the agency would lose more face by you making their malpractice public than you would lose by them whinging about you going direct.

Comment

Working...
    X