• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Received an email today...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord View Post
    I've decided to do 20% less effort for the new rate
    Testify !!

Comment

Originally posted by youwhut View Post
      Currently contracting through Hays for HBOS. Rates are to be reduced by 10% because of the """"""credit crunch""""".

Thoughts?

My thought is, "Not 'appy, and isn't it me who decides what my rate is to be?"
      I agree with your thought. It's normal for the seller to decide the price, and the buyer to decide whether it's worth paying. But having been made a counteroffer, you need to decide whether to accept it or not.

If they want to reduce your rate 10% due to "credit crunch", it's tempting to respond by putting it up by 10% instead due to "above-target inflation". Two can play at macroeconomics!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord View Post
        I'll be staying for the festival in Edinburgh, then I am off
        Got a note through the door. Someone wants to rent me house for 3k for the last 3 weeks of the Fringe...

Sod that I'm leaving it empty while I go to work at soe shoebox in slough... NOT
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Got a note through the door.
          Thass Embra fae ye. In Glesgae tha noot'd a come thru yer windae.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              Always good to start the day with a laugh, before all the permies come in

Comment

Working...
              X